• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vdimm mod on 9800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d]g[ts

At present i have a saphire 9800np with vmod on the core and the oc results are great. but my question is how much gain have people gotten from the vdimm mod? presently i can bench at 370 on the memory (artfact free) with samsung3.3ns ram. with the vdimm mod how much more have people gotten out of this type of ram?

If anyone has some numbers on this that would be great, but i wanna see if vdimm is as worthwhile as the vcore.

card is watercooled with a maze4gpu and alminium BGA ramsinks.

Any help would be appreciated :)

from your scores with the 9500 that would be an educated one Thank You.

Any others that have same ram or have done the same card?

I've got the same RAM, on my BBA 9800 Pro.

I haven't volt modded however - but would like to try it (I am proficient enough with a soldering iron to try it ;)). Could you link me to the procedure for VDIMM modding, and VCore modding?

From what I have read here I would *guess* a stable, snow free, raise of about 10 - 30 MHz would be possible.

9800vmod link

I went by this one for the vcore and will do the vmem by same. also xteremsystems has LOTS of info bout these mods.

You say your 9800 pro has 3.3ns samsung ram? I thought all pros came with some sort of 2.8ns ram.

Ah... you're right - I saw "Samsung" and thought it was the same - but don't most NP's (barring the "true" BBA's, and some Sapphires AFAIK) have Infineon 3.3ns though?

371 is where my RAM tops out at snow free as well though, so either we have the same RAM, or you're lucky and I'm unlucky ;)

Thanks for the link! :)

Last edited:
I was sorta lucky. I got the non pro just before the went into hiding for a while and it still had samsung chips Not 2.8 tho :(

yea most new ones have the infineon ram too. The artifacts i get from the ram arelike tearing and weird shapes all over the place. white dots went away with extra voltage and better cooling.

370 is AWESOME, if not nearly impossible for 3.3 memory.

My old card had 3.3 and I couldn't get it over 300.

Anyhow, you won't ever get ram higher than 2.8 on a Pro, or the company that had made it would be overclocking the ram from the start.

Back