• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing Woes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SSVicious

Registered
Hi. I am trying to OC the hell outta my CPU. I crank my FSB from 133 to 147 and I don't have any problem. When I try to go anywhere above that, the computer will just go into a Blue Screen of Death in XP. My temperature is always a constant 48 degrees Celsius, so it's not too hot (the cpu). I upped my voltage for my AGP, RAM, and CPU, but it still does it? What's wrong?

Do you have a NF2 board if not then it may be a problem with your PCI approaching 37 as its not locked at 33. Other problem might be merely (depending on what cpu you have) that it has reached its limit for overclocking. Is it a Tbred or a Palomino (assuming it is what is shown in your sig). 1.8Ghz is the typical limit for air cooled palominos.
BTW welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the welcome ^_^.

No, I don't have an NForce2. How do I make my PCI stop approaching 37? It is a Palamino. I've seen some people with Palaminos slam their CPUs up to 2400 MHZ and more.... Why can't I get past 1860?

Nobody ever had their palominos that high certainly not on normal cooling - you have reached the limit of the cpu on the cooling you have. 1.86Ghz is a good overclock for that cpu.

Back