• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have plenty of money to waste.. and

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SlingXShot

I have Radeon 9700 Pro..should I get 9800 pro or the XT. I mean XT has 1000 more 3dmark03 on same DX9 technology. Should I just wait for DX9.1 or 10?

wait

the performace gain to an XT is only aabout %10-%20 gain from a 9700PRO - and if you O/C your 9700PRO u can get close to 9800 performance so now you are down to like %5-10% performance gain if u had an XT.

I say wait until March / april to see the new line of ATi cards and buy one of them :)

I suggested in your other thread to get a pair of nice LCD's monitors to go on the card you have now :) I would keep the 9700 for now.... no games are even stressing that card yet.

yea i would wait, if you must have the best of best i would wait a few more months and grab a r420 card. if you get the 9800 xt then in around 3-4 months a new card that will do about 20%+ better so deffinitly wait.

I agree with the guy above. Wait for the R420, or if you're really impatient, A 9800Pro will OC to 9800XT speeds with little effort. So I would suggest a 9800pro, if you absolutly gotta get something now.

Back