• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WU Production w/ 2 clients on P4 HT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KrisMCool

Been folding for less than a week now, but trying to be as productive as possible. Just set up a second client on my only rig. Want to make sure this will increase my production. Total time on similar WU's has increased by 3 hrs and sometimes more. CPU temps only increased 3-6 deg F, so I think I'm OK there (103 - 106 F @ load measured w/ thermal probe on HSF, MBM only shows 95 - 99). The increased time it takes to complete each WU is what concerns me. I know I haven't been running the second client long enough to see a change in points, but if anyone has any advice I'd be grateful.

What were the times on the rig while running 1 client of the same WU that you are running on 2 clients. The only way to compare the speeds is if the rig is running the same WU as some are different speeds than others.

You will see about a 20% increase in production with HT and 2 clients. On a chip without HT, running 2 clients exactly DOUBLES the time to complete a WU, with HT it is NOT double, more like 80% hence the 20% production increase.

I've noticed that proteins p8xx_p53dimer8xx all finished in roughly the same time with one client. No OC (2800) 6:35 to 6:45, OC (3220) 5:45. Now they're taking 9:10 to 9:40. Maybe these numbers are where they should be, but I thought I'd ask the folks in the know to be sure. I'm also trying to find a good OC for my rig. Using Prime95, Memtest86+ and Sandra04 to check stability and bench. She's rock solid right now, but I know she can do more. CPU is air-cooled w/ SP-94 (love it) & Panaflo 09A12M-BX (48 cfm) & AS5. She'll make it to 3500 and complete most Sandra benchmarks, but absolutely unstable in Prime95. Stabilty seems to crap out around FSB 239 - 240, but haven't messed with voltages higher than 1.6 vcore & 2.75 DDR. I know the memory can take more, but vcore fluctuates too much to understand.
Love this forum. Learning a lot. Thanks for the replies.

Back