• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon Xp 2100+ w/NF7-S vs. Pentium 4 2.0A Northwood w/P4T-E Both Overclocked

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoverclock

Registered
I currently have a system with these specs:

Intel Pentium 2.0A Northwood Proccessor
512MB of Rambus DDRAM
120gb hard drive
Asus P4T-E Motherboard
Geforce 3 ti200

Now,
I was thinking of selling this system, and then using the money to build a new computer,

one with a athlon xp 2100+ b core chip
NF7-S Mobo
512 PC3200 Ram
and a cheap graphics card you could really overclock high.
120gb hard drive

Now, if both of these systems were overclocked, which one would be faster and better? I have the first system setup already, and I was wondering how high I could overclock it to? The bios says its running at 38 Celcius when I start up after overclocked to 2.2ghz through the bios.

Thanks.

That motherboard looks to only support 400fsb processors and rdram PC800. Now I have to say that I am completely clueless on to how that ram and board would let you o/c. But I'm guessing that your going to need an almost all new system.

If you do go amd don't go for the xp2100. Get an xp2500 for sure. Also, I don't really think that there is a super cheap graphics card you could get that would o/c and make it perform really well. I think your looking at 150 minimum for a new card.

xp2500
Abit NF7-S
512mb PC3200 (do not cheap out on ram)
Sapphire 9600pro (149)

This should do 2.2ghz (xp3200) pretty easily. If you want a cheaper card look for a refurbished/used ti4200 8X/128mb.

sorry it is rambus rdram on the p4t-e and it works perfectly with the 2.0a intel pentium chip.

Why Xp2500+ cant you overclock the Xp2100+ easier...and its cheaper.

wannaoverclock said:
sorry it is rambus rdram on the p4t-e and it works perfectly with the 2.0a intel pentium chip.

Why Xp2500+ cant you overclock the Xp2100+ easier...and its cheaper.

Ya it is easier but only $20 differnce and the barton core is a little better. you can get to the 3000xp performance levels well worth the extra $20.00

you can also get a celeron to hit 3 ghz with out hyperthreading they cost about 69.00

Back