• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 9800 Pro overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beefpops

I got my Sapphire Radeon 9800pro 128 up to 440/369 with the arctic cooling VGA cooler. Is this a decent OC?
Also, I aquamark at 41000, which seems a little low, and my FPS in Halo fluctuates from 120-27. What else can i do to pump out a bit more FPS?

That is a pretty decent overclock. You can check this thread to compare it to other forum member's overclocks. Thread

Did you add ramsinks? If not, that might net you another 5-10 Mhz. They are fairly cheap and look real purdy once installed.

Check the temp of your ram before you go and add permanent ramsinks. If it isn't even lukewarm (like mine) then they aren't needed. I was thinking about adding them but the risk is to great and I know I wouldn't get any more performance out of the possible 2 mhz jump.

I was thinking that, but my RAMchips do get pretty hot. I've already voided the almighty **** outta this card, and I can just cut up an old heatsink. The only risk is doing it right :D

Back