• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temp\fans questions..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

THunDA

Hi guys..

Currently im using a antec 830 case.. With 2x 80mm intake fans in bottom front.. and 2x 80mm exhaust fans in top rear.. they are all sunon and one is a antec I think.. not sure of specs but I think they are like 30 cfm's or so.. Im using a SLK947 and a Panflo 92mm 68cfm fan ..and my temps have been higher lately idle and load.. Im gona prolly reseat my heat sink tonight just to make sure its seated right.. This could be the ambient temps also.. since its been cold out and heat is on in the house also..
With settings in sig im at 41-43 idle and load is getting up to 49 or so... I was getting loads of 46 priming all night not to long ago and I dont think the ambient changed that much..
I have a spare 92mm panflo 56cfm that I was considering putting in the door of my case above my cpu.. Would that be worth the time of cutting the door and mounting it ?

Also I just started getting noise coming from my fan on my Giant2 and I took a stock AMD2800 fan and mounted it on the giant2.. would it be best to have the fan blow in to the sink like its better that way for cpus ? And I plugged this fan into the case fan header on the mobo ..is that ok to do..?

Thanks for any suggestions..

Thunda

Check to see that you don't have a dust buildup on the heat sink and/or that dust is not blocking the air to your case fans. I keep a can of compressed air in my computer room just for this purpose :)

ya I have the canned air.. Tonight maybe before reseating im gona have a better look at the fans..

Thunda

edit... also im gona bring a thermometer home tonight I have lying around work to see what the ambient temp really is.

Be sure to clean the fan blades on all of your fans.Dirt and dust on the blades cut down on the fans ability to move air.As far as a side fan goes,make a side door out of corrugated cardboard to mount the fan on and test before you make the cut.Tape all of the edges as to not have any leaks during testing.When you do the HS reseat job,hold the standoffs with something as you loosen the screws with the springs on them.Look at the TIM pattern on the die and the HS.And yes, more accurate ambient and case readings are in order. THE FANMAN:cool:

Thx for the replies.. But ive added a fan in front behind my two hard drives blowing in and cleaned the dust real good and temps are diling at 39 and load at 46-47.. back to normal.. :) decided not to reseat the SLK since those temps seem about right for me at 1.8vcore..

Thunda

Back