• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Run Games without CD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
you need a program that can mount disk images. daemon tools will do this as well as a few others.

On the subject, I made an ISO with Nero of my BF1942 cd, but daemon doesnt see the ISO. Is there some sort of trick?

J2T said:
On the subject, I made an ISO with Nero of my BF1942 cd, but daemon doesnt see the ISO. Is there some sort of trick?

Did you try making a .bin/.cue file combo??? I'm not sure how to do it in Nero. That is weird that D-Tools isn't seeing your .iso... Have you tried any other program... maybe alcohol 120%???

Yea, t-biggs... I'm pretty sure that's against forum rules. You should prolly edit out that link... just to be on the safe side anyway.

alcohol 120% is the best, it can emulate nething. Again do this only if you own the game!!!!

I know that CD cracks are against the rules, but I don't understand why. Frankly, every CD crack I've used has been for a game I owned. Its just annoying being required to put the CD in every time I want to play a different game, especially since it results in more CDs being scratched. Half the time, the same game has copy protection IN ADDITION to the cd requirement, so I can't even back the CD up.

alcohol 120%, does it work on current games? where did you dl from?

I wanted to do it so I dont have to wait for the CD to spin up in between every map when playing BF1942 and its mods.

Could someone PM me a link to damien? Also, is it easy to use and do I only need Damien to make a disk image

what works best for me it to use a tool like ISOBuster to get the raw .bin file from the cd to my HD, then use daemon to mount and run. I did this recently with diablo2 LOD, and it worked flawlessly, for those that dont know, when you play diablo 2, at lots of key points youll lag REALLY bad when it goes to access the cd in the drive, like when you kill diablo, or baal, or baals minions etc etc. Also this method works well for morrowind, whereas if i had used a crack or something I wouldnt get to see the movies cause they are on the cd.

Use alcohol 120% and clonyxxl to make "Back-Ups" of games ;). First use clonyxxl to identify the type of disc protection (SafeDisc2, SecuROM, etc.) then go to "Image making wizrd" in alcohol and choose the type of protection decoding that clonyxxl identified.

Ultam8um said:
Use alcohol 120% and clonyxxl to make "Back-Ups" of games ;). First use clonyxxl to identify the type of disc protection (SafeDisc2, SecuROM, etc.) then go to "Image making wizrd" in alcohol and choose the type of protection decoding that clonyxxl identified.

i like that, ill try that. and this will allow me to run without the disc?

Back