• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which one? **Update**

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

obsolete

Hi all,

Last week I was debating whether or not to get a AMD Athlon 2500+ Barton. Well I got it today, lol, end of debate.....I've been running it all day & I have got the fsb up to 220 & the multiplier is locked at 11 (pretty sure, haven't messed with it yet). Ran some benchmarks & played some games. Benchmarks claim it runs faster then my AMD Athlon XP 3000+ with an fsb of 185 (multiplier 13x). Memory shows a significant improvement as I am no able to take full advantage of the 400 mhz rated ram.

I think it was worth it!! It's running at darn near the same core speed as my other one was, so I did not lose any core power!!

But yeah, I said I would give ya an update, so I am. Few of ya mentioned taking a CPU off my hands, unfortunately I am keeping them all, sorry.......

One example of an "improvement" PCMARK2004 shows this.....
Sys. Test Suite = 5824
CPU Test Suite = 5599
Memory Test Suite = 3054
As opposed to AMD Athlon XP 3000+ (185 fsb) (2405mhz core)
Sys. Test Suite = 5733
CPU Test Suite = 5498
Memory Test Suite = 2785

I guess not a HUGE improvement, but none the less no loss, plus I am not done with seeing how far I can go.......Can't imagine much farther.....

i've had mine to 226 fsb and ran memory @1-1
but my PSU took a bad turn so i think you can go a lil further

Oh yeah, forgot, I am running my memory/cpu at a 1:1 ratio. My vcore is only at 1.7 also....I can go up to 1.8 with my motherboard =/

Back