• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingmax SuperRAM - Better Than You Think!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vrykyl

Tornado Guy
As you may have seen from looking at my thread futher down the memory threads, iv been enquiring into the timings of Kingmax SuperRAM (in both the pc3200 and pc3500 flavours)
The rated best timings of these modules are 2.5-4-4-8
However, after extensive testing i have discovered that the tightest timings these modules will actually do is in fact a much more respectable
2-3-3-5
At half the price of corsair these chips are great!!
Hope this helps more of you find a cheap alternative high quality RAM

Tornado Guy

at these settings these chips are incredibly stable and very fast (iv yet to have any errors from them), altho the pc3500 will only hit 216mhz at those timings before i have to loosen them off slightly to achieve faster. Any specific details you'd like? Benchmark screenshots perhaps? benchmark scores? il provide the details you guys want if it helps...

Tornado Guy

nope - its still sat at default voltage - not touched em. and theyre steady as a rock. as soon as my new fans arrive and the side of my pc is off (in case i have to reset the bios) im gonna try for 2-2-2-5 or 2-2-2-6, keep ya'll posted

Tornado Guy

Personally I think the RAM isn't that great [DDr400]. It might only be my set, but they won't OC 1 MHz :(. I have ran the volts up to 2.7 and they have hit 2-2-2-5 perfectly. I have to run the memory at 3:2 ratio[~166MHz] and they go good. I get about 5,000mb/sec bandwidth at these settings.

Tornado,
I got better scores w/the memory running 2-3-3-6 than 2-2-2-5 ;). I don't like to run my memory with higher volts [ie 2.8-2.85], but if you do it perfectly fine..let me know man.

KingMax memory is great for low-voltage, stability needs. It's good for a decent overclock with middle-grade timings, but it's nearly not the best overclocking memory out there. I run my KingMax with mid-grade timings (2.5-3-3) and low (2.5V) voltage for ~DDR440.

Back