• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500+ acting up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skull & Bones

Registered
Here's my story. Bought a unlocked week 34 2500+ and had to run 1.875v just to get 2200 stable, never could reach 2300 stable. See sig for rig.

So I bought a new locked 2500+ from newegg (forgot week,45 maybe?) and no problem running at 2300 @1.85v. Stable in prime95, memtest, and 3dmark03.

Here's the problem. I can run counterstrike at 2200, no prob, but up it 2300 and it starts momentarily freezing several times a minute. It's just a split second freeze, but enough to notice the screen jerk. Haven't tried other games, but would bet same problem.

I have disabled the sound, removed overclocking from video card, relaxed memory timing, and disabled all the running progams I could and it still glitches at 2300. Any ideas what would cause this?

one of the overclockers top ten lists said that some chips have special education needs. this could be your case.

you never mentioned temps... what's your hsf? or maybe its your psu. anything but an antec tends to act up in overclocking.

if your temps are over 50c, its probably your cooling. get a heatpipe style heatsink or watercool.

edit: AHHHHH!!! BEAT TO THE PUNCH!!

at least we agree.

Running at 45c under prime, so not to hot. I watched my voltages running prime, and everything seemed to be within spec, but I can't tell what their doing in 3d apps.

Got one of those new sp-97 heatsinks, but running a 2950rpm 96mm fan on it for less noise.

Just seems strange it would pass all those torture tests but glitch in the game.

one of the overclockers top ten lists said that some chips have special education needs. this could be your case.

you never mentioned temps... what's your hsf? or maybe its your psu. anything but an antec tends to act up in overclocking.

if your temps are over 50c, its probably your cooling. get a heatpipe style heatsink or watercool.

grab motherboard monitor, let it run while you game , after ....lol, wait, that 9600 is the problem bro :)

ill bet that 9600 is the problem, been there, got rid of it, but the radeon 3.84's or CAT 3.2's should eliminate that, but freezes may occur sometime-

if you say it's not the power supply and your temps aren't in the high 50's, its the card im sorry to say, especially since you say your ram timings are relaxed-

hope that helps-

Ohh, didn't want to hear that. Not ready to fork over big $$$ for a new vid card.

I guess I don't understand why going from 2200 to 2300 would make much difference for the AGP card, it's still running at 66mhz isn't it? or is there something else that effects it?

I can overclock the 9600 while at 2200 and no problems in counterstrike.

i was under the impression the setup was fairly new, if not, may not be the card, but the barton should%could do 2.3 no problem-

but i will tell you that abit boards are good at managing vcore unlike my biostar that fluctuates like crazy, i set her @ 1.75vcore, she'll post @1.9v-

maybe 1.9 is all she needs, some bartons are thirstier than others-

Your not alone with not making it above 2300. My top stable speed so far is 2200. Its just the luck of the draw... Sometimes you get a good overclocker, sometimes you dont.

Back