• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with glitchy dvd playback

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stratcatprowlin

this is really driving me nuts,I have an xp2400 and fx5600 ultra video card 512mbs of pc2700 ram. Anyone know why my dvd's act like im tryin to play halo at full detail! lol please help me fix this?

Is DMA enabled on that drive? Double check that in your Device Manager. Is your DVD player software using hardware acceleration? Double check that in your settings in the software itself (where those settings are will entirely depend on what software you use)

ok hardware acceleration is enabled on my ndvd player but when i click on properties of the dvdrom in device manager there is nothing about dma settings.Am i looking in the wrong place?

go to device manager then go to ide ata\atapi controllers then open the primary or secondary channel depending on what one the dvd is connected to then click properties then the advanced tab

ok well i checked both and it says dma if available but down on the bottom it says current transfer mode unavailable! Am i stuck?

Sounds like maybe DMA is disabled in your bios, or your cable is damaged as to not allow it. I've never actually seen Windows tell you "unavailable" unless there simply wasn't a drive installed...

Wierd.

omg

windows media9 does the same thing and now its not only jerky but it starting to play at almost half speed! with sound at half speed 2.

Back