• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Now isn't THIS annoying.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AntiHeiss

Help me out here. Usually I pride myself in my windows installs. After years of trial and error, I can 'engineer' a pretty stable windows install. Until recently, ...I am not well versed in the art of stupid freakin runtime errors. So I plead to the software gods for advise here.

I am running Windows XP Pro SP1 everything upgraded, etc. ...daily almost.

Anyway, I have been running basically the same setup for a while now, but for some reason I have been getting runtime errors. A LOT of runtime errors. Here is the scenario:

Do something
Runtime Error
"An error has occured, do you wish to debug?"
blah blah blah
Line something: ***
Object Expected

Object Expected?

It seems to be completely random at times, and predictable at times. Even my very own website errors on me. Things that never errored before. This is getting annoying to the point of shooting something. Any advice is appreciated. As always any additional information you need I will provide upon request.

Thanks.

redduc900 said:
Open IE | Tools | Internet Options | "Advanced" tab | Put a check mark next to "Disable script debugging". :)
Yep, that should do it. AH, what sites in particular are giving you the errors?

it is just about any website from time to time. The ones I get errors mostly on are the forums when I try to send a post, or even oc.com. Even AntiHeiss.com gives me a runtime error. Go figure.

If you have a popup blocker, especially like google's which works excellent, windows that should have just popped up are closed.

Then the code in the webpage tries to refer to the popup window, and it is an error because the window does not exist anymore.

Having the google toolbar was a pain until i figured out how to disable the script debugging....

Yeah script debugging should be off by default, supposedly the new ie in service pack 2 for xp has built in popup blocker and good stuff like that, now we just have to wait for MS to screw it up.

Back