• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bios temp inflation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pwnt by pat

im running d10 bios on my board. just tonight i finalized my water chiller and started it up. in the socket i have a 3/8 neoprene square perfectly fit. now, im aware that these bios inflates temps and since i dont have a laser-thermometer i cant tell the actual temp. also the neoprene would inflate temps a little more but 10c and rising is not sounding right. how much do these bios inflate the socket temps?

kthxbye
pat

bios 10 reads the temps higher than they actually are. I think around 6 or 7 higher for some ppl. It reads around 6 and 7 higher for me.

Im not sure what this d10 bios is, but im running the v2 bios (or is it 2.2, whatever is newest on their site). Whats the margin of error on this bios ?

Just curious... cause it reports @ 50c.. while my heatsink is barely warm :(

the newer bios's are more accurate than 10. so if yours says 50c, its probablly very close to that

Back