• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec Truepower 380 voltage fluctuation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hario

Hi

Just got this Antec Truepower 380W that comes with Sonata case, but how come the voltage fluctuate kinda wildly, from my opinion. If I set my Vcore to 1.93V on the mobo, the voltage can fluctuate from as low as 1.888V to 1.92V, this is according to CPU-Z.

But according to MBM5, the voltage is around 1.89 to 1.90.

These voltage are all under load voltage. When it is idling, it goes up to 1.93, according to MBM5.

Is this normal? anybody know why? or had the same experience? thank you.

mine does similar under load ie.. 100% cpu the vcore drops some, thats pretty normal from what ive seen. i have the same power supply and as a matter oif fact was questioning it 2 days ago. Upon measureing all the rails with the windows loaded and the cpu at 100% i found the voltages were spot on whereas mbm5/speedfan/winbond was showing me different. Which basically pointed to my board not the psu

Ah, I see. I used similar board, the NF7-M. So it might be the board that reports differently.

Just asking, how did you managed to run that ver 1.2 at 200FSB? I can't seem to run mine at 200FSB, so I'm running it at 190 now.

Thank you.

luck of the draw, i actually vdd modded it to get to 220fsb but thats only stable with memtest86 not in windows. this is an rma board my first board hit 220 stable which was pretty good for a v1.2 2 bad it died on me :( as far as reaching 200 i didnt do much my kingston hyperx is about a yr old and is bh-5 opther than that i put vdd at 1.7 and 200fsb was easy 100% stable 202 fsb on the other hand usually crashes on me :(

Software readings are terribly inaccurate. The only way to determine how your PSU is holding up is to use a multimeter. For example, my old NF7-S used to report my Vcore at .1 below what was really being sent.

~THT

Also, the NF7's are known to have some vcore fluctuation when you run higher voltages, around 1.9v+. Cooling the mosfets helps somewhat.

You might notice it settles down after a week or two of heavy use. I was dissappointed when I first got my Truepower 430 plugged in, since the voltages didn't look all that good (No stability problems though) but it "burned in" after a week of heavy load, and has been working great since.

regards,

Road Warrior

Back