• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you gys think

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hath

hi, my comp has been overheating, so im thinking of buying 2 tornados for the front, an 80mm antec for the middle of my window, 2 tornados on top, plus an expansion slot fan. My system specs:

AMD 2500+ 1.8 ghz
160 gb harddrive
128 mb Radeon 9600 XT
1 gig of memory (2x Kingston 512)
52x Mitsumi burner

well since its overheating, i doubt that buying a bunch of fans will do a lot, the heatsink fan matters the most, if u are willing to spend some money, then get the sp-97 made my thermalright, couple that with a tornado or a SFII or a panaflo, and ud have at least 10c drop from stock cooling, and it depends on the case u have but i doubt that tornados fit (they are 38mm deep, most fans are 25mm)

dont get me wrong airflow, also matters, but u just dont need that much air intake, i think u just will need some medium or high flow panaflos and have two exhaust fans, exhaust matters a lot, maybe some pix of ur case and the innards so we can help u out better

Yeah...putting a couple of tornados up front won't help you much more than a couple of medium speed fans, I'd think. Remember, there is a point of diminishing returns...and I think tornados have a tendency to approach it. :) Also, have you ever heard a tornado? If you haven't...you don't want two of them, trust me. They sound like vacuum cleaners, except more whiny and high pitched.

Like daliman said, the biggest thing to consider is your heatsink. If you're still running stock cooling, or a low-grade heatsink, you'll see a very significant improvement by upgrading your heatsink first. If you already have a decent heatsink, then some increased case airflow might help. A couple medium speed fans (Panaflos are wonderful) would do the trick.

What are your current temps?

Don't get 4 tornados. Just don't. A vent to the cpu fan would be just as effective and you won't be looking for a fan controller next week when you find out just how loud a tornado really is.

I have 4 tornados, 3 smart case fan2s and 2 panaflos - theyre LOUD!!!

Tornado Guy

Back