• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Panaflos question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jambaa

Registered
Which ones of the 92mm and 120mm types (medium or high flow) are RPM sensing? I'm looking to connect a couple to a fan controller as well, would you connect them? Would you just isolate the yellow wire and connect that to the mobo using a 3 housing and connect the remaining 2 wires to the controller? Thanks!

Ok I see H1A, H1B, and H1BX. Only H1BX has RPM monitoring, what's the difference between H1A and H1B?

archilochus said:
Matt check this out.It tells you how to read the model number.
A denotes 2 wire...B denotes 3 wire...X denotes Tach output(rpm)THE FANMAN:cool:

PANAFLO PDF LINK :)

HYDRO BEARING LINK :rolleyes:

I need extra help. Isn't 3 wire (B) supposed to be for rpm monitering? What does the 3rd wire do in B then?

In this case the 3rd wire is X ,thats the tachometer wire (RPM)..
B. just means theres a total of 3 wires. BX ,3 wires,w/tach..You need to read the PDF..The 3rd wire can be used for other things.
The motor has to have rpm sensing capabilities for the 3rd wire to report rpm. THE FANMAN:cool:

I think he meant in the just B version, not the BX. In which case maybe it does nothing.

Have you seen any with the thermal sensor? They have model numbers for it, so I assume they exist.

No I havent seen any..I don't really look at thermal fans.I like control. Theres to much automatic stuff already.Ppl's get a false since that all is taken care of.But if you don't check it you don't know. I know the 3rd connecter on my U1A does nothing. THE FANMAN:cool:

I agree, but I just know that I would turn it down then after a while go play a game or something and it would overheat. I don't trust myself. :p

Back