• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free AT server case.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
out of stock, so quick....

DAMNIT =/

i was looking for exactly this.....

and it was free....

and i missed it....

oh well, life goes on =/

You can generally find alot of these for free if you just go look near the dumpsters in alot of office parks and stuff. No, I am not joking. We have found a few out by the dumpster where I work.

my friend found a server case once in a dumpster behind an office building, it still had a mobo with dual P3's in it! I'm not sure if he's still using it, but it was a pretty cool find, especially for nothing :p

Anotsu Kagehisa said:
I should drive out to gateway and see if i can find anything good in their dumpsters. When i worked there in high school i was in the manufacturing part and i saw them just throw away dented cases and all sorts of stuff.

:eek: that's like my holy grail

Our Compu Renasance went out of business and the week before they did I stopped by to see if they had any old heatsinks I could have. They had like 10 PII annd PIII's tey were recycling.

I went through them and got all the heatsinks and several 40mm fans. Good deal for me, since I was going to buy a 40mm fan to cool my mosfets anyway.

i was thinkin about going to the school board and asking for any and all used computer crap fro free...think about putting some old pIIIs on ebay...15 a pop and sell about 50 of them? lol

At the end of the year you can find ALL KINDS OF COOL CRAP behind my school. My friend found an OLD typewriter that looked like it was from the 60's, when my school was built. It is too bad all of the computers were useless pentium originals. Eeew. This year I might try to snatch all the hard drives and a keyboard or two. All of the old mice use a serial port.

Something else I just found out is if you are looking for some cool older computer stuff check at your local Goodwill or Salvation Army store. Amazing what you can find there. Saw this HUUUUGE server case there on wheels and everything hehe. For like the 7 bucks it cost it would be a sweet modding case for a watercooling system or something :p

MadSkillzMan said:
hey dumpster diving is cool with me. was gonna start this summer. How much trouble CAN i get in jumping in and scrounging around?
There is a huge thread about this over at hardocp. Alot of people talking about finds and problems.

during the summer is when schools upgrade computers, but unfortunatley, unless you are physicaly THERE to claim the old ones, the teachers/staff who are there get first dibs...

my ma' works @ a highschool, ive gotten 3 full PII systems because she called dibs...

which makes me think...

when a company that manufactures like, motherboards, and one of them fails QC (quality control)... what do they do with it?

id like to go dumpster-diving in Taiwan someday...:D

If anyone is in the Boston area.... in Needham the corporate headquarters of my company junks good all the time. 149 Kendrick st I think.

gravitywell said:
my friend found a server case once in a dumpster behind an office building, it still had a mobo with dual P3's in it! I'm not sure if he's still using it, but it was a pretty cool find, especially for nothing :p

That's awesome!

Back