• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

scvhost.exe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If it's scvhost.exe then you have a virus. The Windows file is called svchost (vc, not cv). This is a very clever way that virus makers disguise the process thats running.

If that was a typo and you really meant svchost, then i'm not really sure what the problem is.

Open Task Manager | "Processes" tab | View-->Select Columns | Check 'PID' (Process Identifier)...this will give you the PID for the problematic instance of svchost. Open a command prompt (Start | Run | Type cmd and click OK) | Type...

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq svchost.exe" /svc

This will show you what services are running under that particular instance of svchost.exe. Check your event log (Start | Run | Type eventvwr.msc and click OK) for info pertaining to those services. :)

There is a great program called Faber Toys. It is freeware and allows you to view all files being used by any service. Just "google" for the download, install, and run the dependencies program. GUI based also.

hm, i thought that was a server 2003 only command, does it really work in XP Pro too?

What is that anyway it tried to connect to something out of my pc but I blocked it.

Back