• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.8C /w M0, help overclocking it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ocpinoy

Registered
ok im running stock right now, buring in the processor overnight, and start overclocking after i get back from work tonight,

Prod Code: SL6Z5
FPO/Batch: 3348A040
Package Date: 12/24/03 (X-mas eve! hope it brings good luck)

and i picked up a IC7 Motherboard to go along with it.. and some OCZ PC3700 Gold edtion Rev.2 2x256mb

hopes it goes higher then my previous 2.8C which maxed out at 3.4ghz

can anyone give me any tips on how to get this baby to its max? anyone know how well these overclock?

okay, start by changing the bus ratio to 5:4, then start uping the fsb... run memtest and prime95 to see if stable.

try in incraments of 10... so start with 220 fsb, 230, 240.... etc. the moment you start getting errors in either of the two programs I mentioned, start uping the cpu voltage (dont push it over 1.65v)... also up the agp voltage a bit... When you eventually hit a wall and its not stable with whatever you do, back down by 1-2fsb till it works right.

Back