• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

skyhawk 4692 aluminum case 19 bux

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flapperhead

it aint a high end lian li, but for 19 bux u cant go wrong. last year these cases were sellin for 50-70. all aluminum. cant get a deal like this for low end crappy steel cases. just ordered 1. they also have alot more skyhawk al modded cases in the 30's.http://www.dealsonic.com/ this is a good company...

shipping is $9.95 for fedex ground .. reasonable price for an aluminum case :)

brings the total to $29

good finding :)

hey guy, just like i told my buddy, get one anyway i suspect this is some kinda closeout sale and even if u dont need it for a year, it just too cheap not to get one. All aluminum 1mm case for 19+9 shipping that is incredible plus skyhawk quality is good not great like lian li but of course they are 5-6 times expensive... do yourself a favor get one and u wont be banging yer head against the wall 6 mo from now when u need one...

Yeah if you look at the top of the page that is the clearance section. Pretty good deal, but I passed it up since the airflow looked like it would be pretty darn bad on them, plus those liighted bubble tubes on the front would probably love to be blinding me while I play DC hehe. Nice find all the same for someone who might need a case and not need to worry about airflow (like for a stock type build for a parent or something).

The steel version has the bubble lights, the alum does not. Wish I was still working I would order a couple of these. Hell I may anyway. Thats a great price and cheap shipping. As for the cooling I'm sure it will be fine for a stock or low OC rig. 30 bucks for a alum case is hard to beat. Good Find

yep, you just cant beat those prices,i ordered 2x350 watt generic power supplies from them. they ran out, so instead they gave me 2 400's at no extra charge, plus they shipped them real quick. a good company no doubt...

I got mine in (found the deal in my junk mail the other day) the shipping is fast and the case is decent but not for any heavy heat only has a front 80mm and rear 60mm and 80mm duct. And the walls are real thin as well. 6 out of 10 IMHO but well worth the deal if you need a case for a folding rig or something like that.

Maybe purchase 2 of them for ~$55 shipped and combine them into an Aluminum cube case perfect for water cooling ;)

At least then the dimensions would then sound right - 15.8" x 16.2" x 19.3" (W x H x D)

MassiveOverkill said:
They've got some kiler prices on that site. Thanks for the tip ;)

yeah i checked out cyber deals and couldnt believe no one hadnt posted this deal, so i did . i may order another just for the heck of it. as for the flimsy material, if im not mistaken all the skyhawk cases there xcept the 4692 are like .8 mm -thats pretty thin. i believe the 4692 is 1mm. that compares more favorably with the big names like lian li, i think their stuff is 1.2 mm. plus u could experiment with one of them and if you screwed it up the worst u lost is 19 bux. id be afraid to mess with my lian li pc60 cause if i screwed it up im out 120. also im kinda interested how this stacks up side by side with it...

Speed_Mechanic2 said:
Maybe purchase 2 of them for ~$55 shipped and combine them into an Aluminum cube case perfect for water cooling ;)

At least then the dimensions would then sound right - 15.8" x 16.2" x 19.3" (W x H x D)
you would need to do some heavy modding and most likely some reinforcing to get this case to be nice with a Rad and 120mm fan. I will try to take a pic or find one of the inside and you will see what I mean. It has the room just not set up right.

Stedeman said:

you would need to do some heavy modding and most likely some reinforcing to get this case to be nice with a Rad and 120mm fan. I will try to take a pic or find one of the inside and you will see what I mean. It has the room just not set up right.

they make a new welding alloy called alumalloy its mostly aluminum and u can actually weld it with a propsane torch at like 750**, it would be perfect to weld 2 cases together...

Stedeman said:

Isn't heavy modding of a cheap case half the fun ;)

yeah when i made my homemade pelt cooled water setup it was a ball... until it filled up the bottom of my case... lol

i picked up one of these about 5 months ago, i think at the time for around 35shipped, it was a good deal then, this is a great deal IMO.

i added a big window, 2 top 80mm blowholes, and a single 120mm intake fan on the front, case temps are always below 30c with a room temp of around 65-70f.

if yall want i could post some pics of it later or something. all in all, a great case, i did it so i didnt have to haul my steel chieftec to LAN's anymore :eek:

Mr. Chambers said:
i picked up one of these about 5 months ago, i think at the time for around 35shipped, it was a good deal then, this is a great deal IMO.

i added a big window, 2 top 80mm blowholes, and a single 120mm intake fan on the front, case temps are always below 30c with a room temp of around 65-70f.

if yall want i could post some pics of it later or something. all in all, a great case, i did it so i didnt have to haul my steel chieftec to LAN's anymore :eek:

Yeah, I'd really like to see some pic. Mostly of the 120mm intake, and the blowholes.

Back