• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opera Crashing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KaHNZa

I would like to use Opera, but it likes to crash a lot for some reason. It could crash 10 seconds after opening, or it might wait 2 hours. I have no idea what is causing it and its keeping from using Opera. Any ideas on whats causing it?

Is it a new version, or one that you've been using for a while?

Could just be a buggy version, or a corrupted profile of some sort.

I'm using 7.11. After doing some reading I think its my version of java. I updated to the latest and it seems to work now. But I'm not holding my breath. ;)

Yea its probably the version of java. It was doing the same thing for me so I had to find an old version of java and havn't had a problem since.

How are you faring with opera? I liked it for a while, but found some issues and bugs with it. Most annoying was sometimes when I'd follow a link, the back button would grey out leaving me stuck.

Opera is nice, but I've found Mozilla and Mozilla Firebird to be a bit better.

Actually, I wrote some things about this, I'll post in another thread.

I have used Opera before. I just had to deal with crashes all the time. After installing the latest java I haven't had a problem with it yet. ;)

Back