• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Burn software specific feature question. Please help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aktunka

Ok, now before I posted this, I did a search and found at least 8 pages referring to burning. I browsed through the topics up through one year ago and still did not see a question or answer specifically targetting my issue, so here goes.

I need to know if any of these burning programs you are all mentioning will allow me to burn MP3's to a CD but burn them in whatever order I want them to be? What I mean is that like right now, I ripped my Japanese I learning CD's to MP3's (30 lessons of around 30 minutes each) and I want to burn them (or as many as I can) to a single CD. When I tried this out, even though when I put them into the pane to be burned they were in order from 1-26, after I burned them I looked on the disc and they were in order like 1, 10, 11, 12-19, then 20-16, then 3-9. Anyone know which software out there works in the way I need? Thanks for any help!

NERO > multi session disk > burn one file at a time in the order you chose, then just close the disk. there may be other ways but I don't know. If you can use ID tags I would say go that way and I never burned more than 2 session on one disk before but you should be able to do it.
PS If I am wrong about this or there is an easier way to do this someone please point it out to us / me.

I use Nero and it keeps them in the order that I want without doing it one at a time.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Hmmm, when I bought a CD burner for my niece it came with some version of Nero now that I think of it. I guess I am going over there this weekend to borrow that and try it heh.

To force the # order you can rename all the file as such.
01, 02, 03, 04, ...... , 11, 12, 13, ......
I used to do this with large # of pictures or files that i burned to CD or saved on HD. Of course if the total # of files were say over 100 i'd start off numbering like this instead 001, 002, 003, .....

Back