• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Media Player Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

irish80122

This is actually a question of a friend of mine but now it is bugging the heck out of me. In older versions of Media Player (i.e. 7 or earlier) he was able to pause video and scroll through it, and it would show where he was in the video. Now, however, he has Media Player 8 because he has Windows XP. When he pauses the video (MPEG) and moves the scroll bar, the screen doesn't refresh until he lets go of the scroll bar. Is there any way to make it refresh when you scroll through it, or is it possible to revert back to an older version of Media Player with XP? Also, is there any other software out there that could play MPEG files that could do this. Thank you so much!

I tried it with a MPEG and it didn't work, and I have 9. I will try a different MPEG, but please help more if you can.

Back