• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan not working?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

everclock

I have an Antec Truepower 480W and the fan on the back of the power suppy is never on. I THOUGHT i remembered it coming on once or twice, but i am not sure if i am remembering correctly.

Is this some sort of noise lowering, or could it be defective? It has always been like this.

I have a 480W True Blue and I know the speed control in the PSU slows the fans down alot, but I have never seen it stop a fan. If it's a new PSU you might want to RMA it, or if it's older get a new 80mm fan for it. Antec's use 2 pin conectors to connect the fan to the PSU board so swaping fans is easy, just solder old plug to new fan and your done. When I got my 430TP the 92mm fan was dead so instead of returning it, I added red LED fans so it would match my case.

Make sure you're not connecting more than 3 fans to the "Fan Only" connectors, which is stated in the users manual. The fan circuitry is not designed to provide a lot of current and connecting more than 3 fans can overload and damage the fan circuitry causing none of the fans to work anymore. I did the same to my TP550 a while ago so this is talking from personal experience.

Well I have 2 80mm tornadoes connected to the fan only, but i added those a couple months ago, and they cause NO ADDITIONAL problems, so that is not the problem.

But are you telling me that I need to plug in the power supply fan to my motherboard to power it? I thought it got power from the power supply internaly.

docinthebox said:
Make sure you're not connecting more than 3 fans to the "Fan Only" connectors, which is stated in the users manual. The fan circuitry is not designed to provide a lot of current and connecting more than 3 fans can overload and damage the fan circuitry causing none of the fans to work anymore. I did the same to my TP550 a while ago so this is talking from personal experience.

Wow I have 6 X 80's running off my fan only lead....have to change that on my true power 350w. Don't need a melt down. :eek:

Back