• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keyboard Gobblygook

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mayagrafix

This is the second time my old laptop (Dell 300 Mhz) starts typing unrelated characters from the keyboard (A will type 1 and B will type 2 etc). The first time I reformated and re installed windoz XP but now its doing it again.

Any ideas?

Yeah, it works quite well, thank you. I dont use it much except as an internet radio and a DVD player. But the keyboard layout is not the problem. Its on English, no changes there. However, me thinks the ancient chipset (BX440) and XP dont get along, hence the corrupted keyboard.

Anyone know how to replace the keyboard files, in case they become corrupted?

Okey problem solved. Thanks to all who took time and effort to help me solve this ;)

Laptop has Keyboard lock function to enable KEYPAD for numerical functions. So, when activated, certain keys double as Number keys on keyboard. DUHHHH!

Oh well, live and learn.....

I wonder if anyone actually uses the numberlock key on laptops. I think its kindof pointless/

At work, I got called around to the SAME person THREE times because the "keyboard stopped working right" on her laptop.

Same thing..

And yes, I did show her what was wrong allready the first time..

Yeah, had a helluva time trying to find some info about Keyboard Corruption as a quick fix untill I finally sat down, looked at the problem, and figured it out. Then it was easy.

Back