• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ati raedon and K7D?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

verbatim

Is the problem with Ati Raedon cards and the msi k7d still going or solved with the catalyst drivers? The native resolution used to reset itself to 1024x768x16 on every restart. Jus wondering as I'mout of the loop ATM

There was a thread on this topic a while back. You may want to search for it. I haven't heard any new news, since that thread.

I had been using cat 3.7s with an 8500 and have not had the problem happen except on one install. I'm running a TI4400 now.. My new 9800 pro is moving into my dual sometime in the near future though and if the problem shows up I'll let you know.

it did used to happen to me (radion 9800) but my problems were the refresh rate kept drooping back to 60 hz also I think this was because i have bmc conecters this howevr has stoped thankfully installing moniter drivers didnt help so i guess that its fixed in newer Cats.
my screens run at 1280x1024x32 bit @85 hz anbd it restarted all right

rottenspam said:
I used to have that exact problem, the more recent drivers have fixed the problem for me.

ooooh yea. Thats what I wanted to hear!

My ti4200 died some time ago and a cheapie mx440 just dosent cut it at all! The 9800p arrives next week.

Every once in a while my resolution will reset back to 60Hz as said above. I need to download the new Cats but the problem does not bother me much as I only reboot my stytem a few times each month. Maybe 1/3 of those reboots are effected by this bug and it's not that hard to right click the desktop and set it back to 85Hz, takes maybe 15 seconds...

I just built a system and used a 9500pro,installed the omega drivers based off of 3.10's.My son could not be happier fragging his old man online in UT2003.In other words,no trouble at all.

I will be changing another p4 rig over to a dually system using my ATI 9700pro.After plying on my son's one night for 5 plus hours even though 3dmarks says its slower I cant tell the difference.I will let you know if I have any trouble with that one either.I really dont think I will though,I think new ATI drivers have corrected this trouble that cursed many.I do have one issuse that concerns me but I will start a new thread concerning sound cards.

Gnerma said:
I had been using cat 3.7s with an 8500 and have not had the problem happen except on one install. I'm running a TI4400 now.. My new 9800 pro is moving into my dual sometime in the near future though and if the problem shows up I'll let you know.
I got it install, no sign of the problem.

I got the thing and yes the problem exists in a big way. The screen resets every few startups to various resolutions and even sometimes changes the resolution of the desktop to that of whatever game I am playing..

try one of the other cats. I hear cat 3.7 is one of the better cats put out by ATI.

i just installed a power color 9700pro ($150 at newegg refurb) in my dual 2.1ghz AMD with ATI's 3.9 catalyst driver and control panel...

no problems at all...no resests...nothing and i can run call of duty, max payne 2, battlefield 1942...etc...without problems all on two monitors...

i also use powerstrip to overclock to 335/650...that's the highest stable overclock for this card even though it has 2.8ns samsung memory...

Back