• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WatchGuard FireBox II - thoughts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As far as value of the equipment, I search eBay's closed auctions to try to get a ballpark idea of how much the item is worth. If you can pick it up for substantially less, then at the very least (if you don't like the features or find for some reason you don't want this make/model) you can resell it and make a bit of cash (or at least limit your losses).

well just checked see some where biding is @ 250, but i could not see a reserved price :(

some other that were around $550 - 650 used.

issue with me is being in costa rica is shipping and if they would not put duty on it,

maybe if i can get them down to $500 would be a better investment, if not, oh well! dont really need it :)

I have used a number of high performance firewalls (SonicWall, Cisco etc) and although I haven't had a chance to use a WatchGuard as of yet, I have heard GREAT things about the them from people I trust... If you can score it for cheap I'd grab it.

Wedo

sweet! sound good - been looking for more prices.

from brand new they seem to be about $1200 - $1500 - on Ebay they go from $250 upto $650 - but that may be a min bid or what ever it is.

will have to see it again to see what condition it is in - i.e scratched and such.

okay was told by someone that i likely will not be able to get firmware upgrades for this?

Anyone see any reason why this may be?

If you're a "Linux loyalist", consider Snapgear-brand routers...They are far more generous in features compared to well known ones. And yes, they are also ICSA ceritified like well-known ones.

Back