• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Must I be stuck @ 200FSB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

t30t28t16t12

Registered
Okay guys - This is my first overclock rig and it is wearing me out.

I think the combination of my set-up is unfavorable:

Abit NF-7 V2
Barton XP-2500 Locked
HyperX 3500

My goal is to hit 215FSB of course at Multi 11 :D

I can boot into windows @ 205, 210 and 215FSB by upping the Vcore, Chipset Voltage, ect but nothing proved stable w/Prime. I am at lost but I still hope with the right combination of memory setting, Vcore, Chipset Voltage etc., I may able to reach 215FSB somehow.

If you guys have similar set-ups, please help out. I was so happy with 11 x 200 for like..... two hours when I first set-it-up but II can't help pushing it. Now I am back to grumpy, bitchy oldself - I hate Prime95 :p

How high have you run your vcore? It said 1.7 in your sig, you'll need more than that to go at a faster fsb like 215. Try gradually upping your vcore & rebooting to run prime. I wouldn't be afraid to run up to 1.9 vcore. Some guys run lots more. Also try loosing your ram timings. Try just setting your ram timings to "Optimal" in bios. Good luck.

I hate Prime95

Prime is your friend. ;)

I would definitely agree with Ducker. 1.7v is nothing. Especially with your cooling (I have a similar setup with an SLK900u + 92mm Panaflo High, I think it's the same fan as yours) and to run my Barton 2500+ @ 217x11, I run 1.9v, and the cpu temps aren't bad. Idles at around 34 (Cpu Disconnect) and Loads at around 45.

Why 10b? Is it for a specific reason?

My guess is the HyperX PC3500 is somewhat unstable with NF-7 series. Perhaps the right bios will work better?

I have tried various vcore (not above 2V), vdimm, vdd voltages with loose memory timings. At 205FSB it will crash within an hour in Prime95.

FLyingHamster said:
try flashin to the 10b bios

Why 10b? Is it for a specific reason?

BIOS 10 is the best one for overclocking. But the downside is that it doesn't do well with SATA or RAID, lots of hdd corruption issues. But if you aren't useing either of those, give it a try, you should be able to get faster fsb speeds. What divider ratio (fsb/dram ratio) in bios are you useing? Do you have cpu interface enabled or disabled? Also try setting your ram voltage to 2.9v and chipset voltage to 1.7v.

I believe people with NF-7 series still have some sort of problem with multi 10.0 and 10.5, correct?

Anyway, I flashed various bios, adjust vcore, vdd, vdimm to their max. with different memory timings. NO GO.

I think it is either:
A) My HyperX PC 3500
B) My NF7 V2
C) My Barton XP-2500

It could be also the combo of A & B as Kingston noted specifically that they had/have unstability problems with Abit NF-7 series.

In any case, I am now running 11 x 200FSB @ 1.7V so perhaps I shouldn't complain too much.

Back