• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I RMA it or did I get a good deal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LawyerLynn

My A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 board bit the big one as the result of a heavy 120 mm aluminum fan falling on top of the video card and knocking it out of the AGP slot and damaging the slot in the process so I can get no video unless I use a PCI video card. Since the only thing wrong with the board is the damage to the AGP slot, I figured I'd keep it for parts and ordered another identical board. However, the seller sent me an A7N8X-E Deluxe board instead of the simple A7N8X Deluxe. In other words, the board is not identical to what I had. Before I gripe to the vendor I figured I'd ask the forum if I should keep it rather than RMA it. How good a board is it? In my signature below are the stats on what the old board would do. Can I expect the same from the "E" deluxe version or maybe even better? Input guys, I need to know what ya'll think so I can make an informed decision. I don't want to go to the trouble of setting it up if I need to just RMA it for the right board. On the other hand, if it is a better board (or at least as good) I guess I'll go ahead and keep it. I figure I can hot flash the old bios chip from my old board with a bios for this board and have an extra bios chip laying around. Obviously my RAM and other stuff should work (yes, I have verified the video card wasn't damaged, only the AGP slot). So, what do you think?

you should be able to drop that multi and crank up the fsb, got mine at 225 stock voltage.make sure you keep that nb cool though, popped a 40 mm off an old p3 cooler on mine when i couldn't get past 200 now i'm at 225. lookin into replacing my nb heatsink now lol.

yeah, the E-version dropped the 3com LAn and added another brand as the second onboard LAN. Alot of people had problems with the 3com, so I would keep the E version.!! for the rest no difference.

Back