• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What am I doing wrong?? 5.1 DD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Rotory

Disabled
I'm trying to play a DVD with my Digital Dream Klipsh system, however I cant get it to play in 5.1, all I get is 2.1. I am connecting through an optical cable with my audigy2, I have my 3 connections from the sub to the DD, connected all correctly i'm preatty sure because I am able to do a sound test and the correct left and right speaker sound. I have my DD setup to go through optical and have it set on PCM stereo. Any ideas? Ahh please help I wanna watch this movie but dont wanna start till I get the 5.1 to go. Thanks in advance.

Make sure that whatever program you are using to play the DVD is configured to use 5.1. This is often the case. Look under 'Options' or 'Settings' or something similar. What program are you using?

-CPFitz-

I have my DD setup to go through optical and have it set on PCM stereo.

This is most likely your problem PCM stereo is just a stereo signal (ie left and right only) carried in a digital format. Look for something in the DVD player options along the lines of AC3 or 5.1 surround. Once you get that set you can watch your movie.

/Edit
Are you sure the DVD supports 5.1. If it doesn't then you won't get 5.1 digital from your setup.
/Edit

Back