• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One last gasp before Prescott arrives

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is it running 1:1? if its not, then whats the point if your memory is not even running DDR400, strangling your system?
Why not drop your multi further for a far higher FSB and allow your RAM to run fast, even at 5:4. Realistically if that CPU is unlocked then you should be able to hit over 300FSB with the right RAM....?

Its running 5:4 with tight timings which isnt really much of a dropoff in performance IMO. But you are correct though, I have found that better performance is achieved by dropping the multi. Going 255x15 has given me a better 3dmark score than 240x16. I will be dropping the multi some more to find out where my boards' FSB limit is.

System temperature 18 C ?? and aircooled. Where do you keep the system, in the balcony or something :rolleyes:

Frankie said:
System temperature 18 C ?? and aircooled. Where do you keep the system, in the balcony or something :rolleyes:

Right by an open window...will be getting the watercooling going in the spring and summertime.

Hehe, the cold weather sure is good for overclocking.:D
On my 2.4C ES / P4C-800E if you havent seen it - 8x multi, not how the performance is much better compared to say a 2.66/533 which is the same speed - FSB is king!
Although I guess you are an employee/affiliate of Intel so I dont need to tell you this stuff!
330FSB-sancpu.jpg

Back