• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX 5600 XT how is the preformance?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fazz33

FX 5600 XT how is the preformance? my friend is getting one and he wantz to know how the card will preform, is it any good? will it stack up to a 9600? He wants the card because he busted up his 5200, core died after the fan stopped for too long.... anywayz hows the 5600xt stach against the 9600 and the 5200?

also one gotz any linkz for a review of it?

No linky right this minute... Any 5600 will smoke a 5200. But, any r9600 will smoke a 5600. Tell your buddy to get a 5900 non-ultra from newegg.com. The BFG version of the 5900nu is only $175. Almost the same price as a 5600!

not here it aint this card is much less expensive the any 5900, the card his gettin is about 120american or 149cad, he is payin 40 dollarz to get it because the place where he got his comp agreed to let him pay the difference from a used 5200 to get his 5600.

its bad, its horrible, and it sucks balls

but if you're real strapped for cash, well its the best thing there is for 40usd,

btw, 9600se radeon's without the crippled ram should be able to beat this thing, though if you find a fcbga version instead of the chipset packaging chip, it should do nicely

p.s. you should even be able to find this card with bga ram chips, though they're rare, and about 20 dollars more expensive, though i've seen quite a few of those clock to normal 5600 speeds and maybe get pretty close to an ultra with a bit of volting here and there

A 9600 is around Ti 4200 performance most of the time, sometimes dipping below a 5600.

no, see, he didn't say "toyota VS nissan"

he said "toyota with broken lawnmower for engine VS nissan missing two wheels and the exhaust is welded shut"

slight difference there, so comparing those against a ti4200 means nothing

more realistic to go rave about how much faster the thing is than a mx440 or something, makes much more sense

and besides, i'd like to see a radeon 9600 se or a 5600xt beat a ti4200; impossible, unless its dx9 and thats cause the ti4200 can't run dx9

Back