• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wish my luck guys just order kingston 3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I dont think CH5 can do 2-2-2 at 200MHz, so it is almost assureadly (Now thats a pretty bad typo) BH5 ram.

I ordered the exact same thing from zipzoomfly about a month ago and it was BH-5. I haven't actually taken off the heat spreaders to check but it could do 2-2-2-5. Hopefully its still the same thing now.

ordered mine from www.dealsuprise.com, less known i guess so i assum they still have some in stock either way its win win i get 1gb ram heh, but i really hope its bh5

My 1GB of Kingston Hyper-X arrived today. Looking at the part number, and comparing that to some google searches, I'd say I've got BH-5 on my hands.

Here's the info off the heatspreader..

KHX3200K2/1G
9905193-013.A01 K2
P36414X4 2.6V

hrm... nice to hear that... was takign the heatspreader off a hassle which method did you use to take that sucker off?

I didn't take it off.. thought about it, but I'd probably scratch the bajesus out of the heatspreader, so I didn't. I did search the OC forums as well as google and found that the part number I have is most likely (like 99%) Winbond BH-5. It's running 2-2-2-6 right now though..

Will do! :D

After a little bios tweakage, I'm running 250fsb with a 5:4 ratio, putting the memory right at 200MHz, with 2-2-2-6 timings. Also turned on GAT/PAT to street racer settings with the last two options disabled. One is command per clock, and the other is a TRas adjustment - can't remember..

I soooo wish I could pump 3.0v into my DIMMs, but alas, the max I have is 2.8v - unless someone knows of a modded bios..

memtest86 ran a single loop with no errors.. Once I find the max of this memory, I'll memtest for a much longer period of time.

Kingston HyperX 3200 NON-A is guaranteed BH-5. The 3200A sticks have CH-5 and are rated for 2-3-2-6 operation. There is no way CH-5 can do 2-2-2-6 at 200mhz+ without 3.2v or more.

Okay, so here's an update..

Using a 5:4 ratio, I got to 265fsb before my CPU started to get unhappy, unless I really poured some voltage on it.. I don't usually go above 1.6v..

Sooo.. I tried a 1:1 ratio and was happy to see DDR440 with 2-2-2-6 memory timings, with GAT set to street racer.

Haven't had much time to play, but I'm currently back to a 5:4 ratio and 260fsb, or 3.4GHz... Oh memory timings are 2-2-2-5.

Lookin' good so far.. :)

indeed this is looking quite promising, perhaps there is a chance that i may too receive

Back