• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Get A 2.7Ghz Athlon FX Now !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I thought it was illegal to publicly sell overclocked CPUs.

Some European Eunion laws are tougher than ours.
Heck, EU is where AMD makes their CPUs.

c627627 said:
I thought it was illegal to publicly sell overclocked CPUs.

Well they have been doing this for years now . And I know AMD was very pleased when this company under the Kryotech name got the original slot Athlon to 1Ghz well before Intel .

I figured it would be legal to sell one, if upon buying someone signed some form that stated that they KNOW that this system is intentionally pushed beyond recommended specifications specified by the manufacturer and that they take all risks associated with that.

Chowdy said:
I figured it would be legal to sell one, if upon buying someone signed some form that stated that they KNOW that this system is intentionally pushed beyond recommended specifications specified by the manufacturer and that they take all risks associated with that.
Also these systems come with warenties from manufacture Nventiv to run at 2.7 ghz, so those warrenties override AMD's.

Why would it be illegal anywhere if it was clearly stated that the system was overclocked from its original specification? Surely if they claim 2.7Ghz and it doesnt run stable at that then you can return it?

The thing that they would really catch someone with is if you but a amd3200+ comp, but it is really a 2500+ overclocked. That is fraud... but basically if you advertise something, you have to provide it, basically as is with no warranty.

The company in question provides a money back guarantee, 1 year warranty free of charge (extendable up to 3 years at extra cost) as well as lifetime technical support in the US free of charge and 1 year onsite service in the US free of charge (up to 3 years at extra cost). It is being sold in the US.....

OC Detective said:
Why would it be illegal anywhere if it was clearly stated that the system was overclocked from its original specification? Surely if they claim 2.7Ghz and it doesnt run stable at that then you can return it?

Yep there is absolutely nothing illegal about selling an overclocked computer if you tell the customer what the product really is, and make sure they understand that the only warranty that covers it is their own.

Back