• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer reboots hd light flashes.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dougan

Hello all,
I like the new forum topic. I have a problem and cant seem to finger it out. The computer will run for about 15 min then shut down. Then the HD light will blink continously until the power is pulled. The computer will not boot until the power is pulled. I looked at my rails +3.3 is 3.3 +5=4.9 and 12v is 11.7. I am runnin a little over 100F with a duron 1.2. Any sugestions would greatly be appreciated. Thank you!

Hada similar problem with my old rig... the motherboard died after a couple of days... It might not be the same for may what will happen to your motherboard.. but maybe you could clear the CMOS maybe and see if that helps...

It has a 1.2 duron, 40 gb hd, msi k7n420 pro mb 256mb pc2100. I think i figured it out, the PS was heating up and then there was a smell of something burning and appeared to be coming from the PS. Hopefully thats all it is.

Back