• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Pin MOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MajorMosh

Hi guys :)

I have a Palomino 1600+ with mp locked. Since I cant pass over 158FSB I need to drop to mp to 9 or so to raise the fsb.

Does this mod work?? Anyone tryed it so far? Its just as easy as putting a thin wire connecting mobo slot "holes".

If it does, its more easy than connecting the L1s.

Tks for your help! :)

Attachments

• mp_mod1.jpg
    mp_mod1.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 132
Hey man.

No, Palominos are factory locked.

Pin mods are for unlocked CPUs that can't post certain multipliers because specific mobos can't post them.

Ditto what c627627 said - L1 bridges have to be closed - no alternative wire mod is known to replicate this. BTW welcome to the forums:)

Look for Palomino unlock in AMD FAQ and on the net.

Palominos have been known not to be able to do high FSBs if if unlocked and even with PC2700 and up RAM that can post higher FSBs.

Not worth the effort since T-Bred B's average 2.3 GHz and are $50 to $60. Ebay the Palomino and add a few $ for a T-Bred B.

Watch out for new factory locked T-Bred B's, get a 2100+ B since we haven't seen a locked one yet.

c627627 said:
Look for Palomino unlock in AMD FAQ and on the net.

Palominos have been known not to be able to do high FSBs if if unlocked and even with PC2700 and up RAM that can post higher FSBs.

Not worth the effort since T-Bred B's average 2.3 GHz and are $50 to $60. Ebay the Palomino and add a few $ for a T-Bred B.
If you drop the multiplier on a palomino you can goto 210FSB and past. FSB is limited by multiplier and core speed limit, not CPU. This was proven some weeks ago on this forum.

bulk88 said:

If you drop the multiplier on a palomino you can goto 210FSB and past. FSB is limited by multiplier and core speed limit, not CPU. This was proven some weeks ago on this forum.

Also limited by the NB heat ;)

bulk88, I believe it was said that it is not true that Palominos can't hit high FSBs but that it is true that unlike Thoroughbreds and Bartons, a much higher percentage of Palominos cannot post higher FSBs no matter what (I was surprised but it does appear to be the case.)

Back