• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need math help here :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Exempt

Im very sorry to bother my friends here with this question but I am horrible at math and I need to triple check a percentage here...

Im trying to get this str8, im pretty sure I did the math correctly=

a 30% increase on a 2.8 would be at 3640 correct?
and a 50% increase on a 3.0 would be 4500?

reason I ask is cause i have a Mach I and a mach II unit here, and both the CPUs,

on the mach I ...I have just replaced my mobo (shorted it) with another Abit Ic7 max mobo, and replaced the CPU (shorted also lol), with the same CPU as before , the 2.8, I run this at 3.9ghz, but if I am doing my math correctly then that means I am above the 30% increase that Nventiv says right?

ok well on my main rig, the one I use the mach II on, I have a 3.0 @ 4.0 on my chaintech 9cjs zenith mobo, but Nventiv states I can have a 50% increase in speed, so I havent really tried to up the CPU to 4.5 but I wanted to triple check this math, if so then I guess I will up the vcore and FSB and lower the memory ratio and cross my fingers on stability. :)

your orignal (Ghz or whatever) number divide by 100 = X

your new Ghz or whatever divide by X = % compared with orignal

Eg
------ = 28

------ = 130

therefor you are now running at 130% of orignal speed

Your math is right on. In addition, on the Mach1 you have about a 39.3% increase in speed. On the mach2 you have about a 33 1/3% overclock.

I don't really know what your talking about in the rest of your post, but it is important to remember that the overclock you get is not only dependant on your cooling but also on your CPU. I'd say 4GHz stable for a P4 is quite good.

Back