• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

questions about 2100+ and 1700+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AFIsoldier

ok, i plan to go dual with one of these too chips...my problem is that the max fsb i will be able to have is (2x)150mhz, which of these two chips would be the better choice for that and what do you guys think these chips would max out at wiht that fsb, the chips are unlocked so i could up the multiplier, but i hear more about lowering multi and upping fsb...do you think i could get 2ghz or higher at 150fsb?

Well the average for the T-bred B versions of both those chips is 2.3 GHz. My 2100 can hit 2.4, and so can many others. It's just luck of the draw. If you get T-bred B's you will be able to do the 150 FSB and good clockspeeds. They are going to heat up like crazy though. You better have some good cooling in mind.

higher clock means higher temps? cool, i learned something...as long as i get 2.1 with these i will be more than happy, is it a good chance it will do that?

Back