• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is NOW the time?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fustian

Registered
With comps the best time to buy is when you need it, but with OC timing can be important. Are you building a new system NOW or are you waiting for something to happen first before you build?

Are you waiting for a price to come down, new technology to reach market, or is NOW the time for you?

um, i upgraded, actually built a whole new system now becuase i needed it, but for everyone else unless you need it, wait for the new amd motherboards/cores, the new intel revisions of prescott, the new gfx from ati and nvidia, now is sooooo not the time.

Normally any time is a good time. As things are always going to get cheaper. If you are looking into A64, the new sockets are supposed to be coming, witch with be alot better, and rendeer the current socket obsolete, and limit upgrades.

Prescot should just be around the corner, to drive P4 prices down, and socket A AMDs are locked.

Bummer eh?

i planned out if i save my money from me part time job that when i goto collage ill have like 20,000 from my own money which will all be twoards the best possible computer at that time :) that will be in 2007 or 8ish

Dog ... $20,000 for a comp? That would have to be one kick-eye system.

Why not wait till 2010 when Intel goes to a 32nm EUV process? Them's some fast chips.

Back