• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want to hit 2.4ghz. Should I buy a locked 2500?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UjinR

Registered
My 1700+ DUT3C hits a wall at 2.2 ghz and I want to hit 2.4 as I said.
My DFI and my ram are tested and running fine up to 240 FSB.
What are my chances to reach my goal with a locked 2500?
Do you have any stepping recommendations for locked ones?

Thanks!

Thanks guys.
My mem isn't as bad as it sounds ("Valueram");)
So any stepping recommendations or should I buy the latest week possible?

Thanks again 9mm
I've been reading about 15 pages of the forums but I still can't find any stepping recommendation for the locked ones.:(
I guess I just buy the latest one and hope for the best.

Whenever I find that nobody has suggestions on stepping I just go over to Newegg and place an order there... they've never dissapointed me... 1600+ @ 1830, 1700+ @ 2200, 2500+ (unlocked) @ 2300 and stock voltage and my latest pick... 2500+ M

IMO if you're looking for bang for the buck, the locked 2500+'s are starting to get good.

ChillPhatCat said:
Whenever I find that nobody has suggestions on stepping I just go over to Newegg and place an order there... they've never dissapointed me... 1600+ @ 1830, 1700+ @ 2200, 2500+ (unlocked) @ 2300 and stock voltage and my latest pick... 2500+ M

IMO if you're looking for bang for the buck, the locked 2500+'s are starting to get good.
It's much easier for me to buy it from a local store here in Athens/Greece than an online store. I saw some week 50, and I think they are late enough.
I'll probably buy the tommorow.

Back