• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question for Fanman or any who own Hardcano 9

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OBLIVIONLORD

I just want to know if this controller will keep a steady flow of volts to my 3 fans being 12v DC each.

SmartFan2 TT 80mm
YS 120mm
Antec 120mm

Since you cant turn the fans completly off, will there be any buzzing noise from this unit when at its lowest speed like the Nexus Vantec's?

Only sleeve fans will buzz, but those fans you listed are all top of line and and probably Ball Bearing. Yeah, My hardcano2 powers my fan's nicely.

The Hardcano 9 is capabale of 0.8 amps max. on channels,2 & 3.
Channel 1 & 4 max. at 0.35 amps each.Example the TT SF II pulls 0.70 amps and will need to go on channel 2 or 3. Do not exceed the max. amp. rating.If your 120mm fans are over 0.8 amp.you'll need a diff.solution.THE FANMAN:cool:

I need some numbers off of those fans.
Should be on the sticker.:D

Last edited:
I have a YS Tech 120mm fan on mine and it does buzz slightly on channel 3 at lowest level.

Two fold question:

Is this "heatsink" on the back of the Hardcano 9 supposed to be getting hot? YS Tech draws 660 milliamps and it is the ONLY fan on that channel.

I assume that 660 milliamps = .66amps, correct?

Last edited:
Is this your YS tech.?Manufacturer or Distributor YS Tech FD1212387B-2R
Fan
Rated Voltage DC 12V
Voltage Range DC10.2 ~13.8V
Power 3 Watt
Bearing Dual Ball Bearing
Fan Speed 2500 RPM +/-10%
Air Delivery 74.5 CFM
Noise Level 45 dBa

MFG SPECS:Evercool
Model.............vlts...amps...watts...rpm....cfm.........dBA
EC12025M12B 12...0.34.... 4.08... 2000 ...79.14......30
EC12025M12C
EC12025M12S

THE FANMAN:cool:

"I need some numbers off of those fans.
Should be on the sticker.:D [/B][/QUOTE]"

Antec Model # 75003

YS Model # FD1212257B-2I

Hopfully youll tell me that the Antec is in the clear for the .3 amp. :)

YS Model # FD1212257B-2I
Bearing type: two ball
Fan speed: 2600 RPM
Fan airflow: 105.0 CFM
Static Pressure: 6.20mm-H20
Sound Level: 45.0 dB (A-weighted)
MTBF: 75,000 Hours
Rotation: Counter-Clockwise
Power Consumption: 5.52 Watts
Current Draw at 12VDC: 0.46 Amperes
Operating Voltage: 7~16VDC

Antec # 75003 - 2600 rpm @ 105 cfm / 44dBA....12v/ 0.52 amps

Bummer Dood,,You can buy a rheostat at Radio Shack and use it on one of them. ( 20 Ohm / 3 watt ). WTF,:drool: the SF II has it's own speed control included...THE FANMAN:cool:

Ahh haa Mr Fanman,, you made a mistake or have wrong information!

The Antec #75003 has 79cfm. Here is tthe Newegg link for it with specs.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-129-030&catalog=62&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1

I may still be in the clear!! Me crosses fingers HAHA

Just in case the Antec is still not in the clear then what controller would you sudjest thats not too expencive and doesnt have any buzzing sounds when turned down?

The TT SF II has its own speed control.It can be used 3 diff. ways.
With the speed adjust pot./ temp probe/ of full speed with jumper. Did your fan not come with these features? Looks like your in the clear anyway.Your Antec UPC # 761345-75003-8 pulls 0.24 amps and 29.8 dBA. See link. THE FANMAN:cool:

ANTEC PDF LINK :D

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Damn good thing I showed you the link. YESSSSSSSSSSSS

I do have the fan controler that came with the SmartFan2 but, I dont feel like manualy adjusting the controler myself when I push and idle the cpu. Id rather have a knob on the outside of the case controling the 1 device instead of me oppening the case then adjusting. Plus the fact that I can control the other fans with the other knobs when I want. Its more convenient this way. I would much rather use SpeedFan instead of using the Manual fan adjuster within the case. It would look a little dumb to have the control from inside hanging outside. haha

Thanks dude for all your help.

I looked at newegg, earlier and the page wouldn't load.So I did a Google.That was the 1st. result.I'm not used to looking up Antec fans.I dug deeper after you told me it was wrong and now we have Antecs specs from them. Keep your flow up & temps down,THE FANMAN:cool:

Newegg says the Hardcano is powered by a "Lithium battery CR2032 3V".

A Lithium Battery? Maybe you can explain cause I thought the power was from the PSU. Thanks

It uses a battery to hold the memory of the HI / LOW temps and your alarm setting. The +5 vlt. molex feed powers it at startup.
THE FANMAN:cool:

PS:The stock Hardcono 9 in my Xaser III reads with power off w/battery.The one I bought outright doesn't.It's silver. :D

Back