• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xT-D43

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

musk

So I have read what I can find in this forum on BT-D43 and It looks like it can go pretty high FSB with a little xtra vdimm. Whats up with the AT-D43 and CT-D43(I think, do these exist? I have only seen CT-D5 in person). I have found all three of these around on KVR or at least had a comp store guy search for me and told me he had them . Are the BT's the best or is like anything with OCing, just luck of the draw. I gots me a modded P4C800-E and a 2.4c that will get close to 300. Any info on these Rams would be much appreciated.

musk

speedmechanic2 has more info. however i believe the bt-d43 especially the later version are the best. a few guys have posted good speeds with the ct revision ( in fact just posted a question to him about this version) it is my understanding that the d5 are the newest ddr500 4ns chips. i would be surprised to find them on anything except expensive stuff. the at chips dont oc well.

later version

Is there any way to tell what version or when they were manu'd?

musk said:
Is there any way to tell what version or when they were manu'd?

The DRAM chips have the date and revision printed on them.

They would say " Hynix 3xxA " on the first line. Or Hynix chips from Week xx of 2003.

The second line would have " HY5DU56822*T-D43 " printed on it. The * would either be an A, B, C, or maybe D. These are the die revisions. Usually one can connote latest revision to be of greatest yield, although this isn't always the case (earlier BH-5 from late 2002 yielded better then most 2003 made chips).

The D43 is the speed-rating from Hynix. D43 = 200MHz @ 3-3-3; D5 = 250MHz @ 3-4-4. Usually these chips can do alot better then that ;)

Back