• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

(This is a resurrected OLD thread) OCZ not using silver in thermal paste

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for showing us, but SilverSinkSam did a big writeup about that on the frontpage a while ago, so we probably already knew. thanks anyway tho.

Arctic Silver will be making OCZ,s TIM now.There is a recall on the OCZ TIM by OCZ. I don't remember all the details, but I think they are replacing it with AS 5 FREE. THE FANMAN:cool:

A MUST
READ
:eek:

We accept full responsibility for these problems and we will be seeking legal action against our supplier.

In order to help solve this problem we have contacted Arctic Silver Inc, and entered into a vendor agreement with them to supply OCZ thermal paste.

Beginning January 22nd 2004 we are issuing a full recall of any and all OCZ Ultra 2.

Any Customers who wish to return OCZ Ultra 2 thermal paste with an invoice will in exchange for their full or partially used tube(s) receive:
1- One (dependant on # of tubes returned) 3-gram OCZ thermal Compound (made by Arctic Silver Inc.) or one OCZ Dominator 2 Heatsink.
2- One OCZ EL DDR T-Shirt
3- One 10 dollar off rebate on any OCZ EL DDR Dual Channel Kit (at participating resellers)

For more Information or instructions on returning your ultra 2 please email [email protected]

Last edited:
I have noticed now that my CPU temps have shot up after having been using OCZ Ultra II for about 3-4 months. Interesting indeed. When i was first using Ultra II on my Thermalright SLK-900 and my barton 2500+ (oc'ed to 3200+), my idle temps were about 40 deg celsius. Now, idle temps are 50. I plan on switching to AS5 tonight or tomorrow.

i would make overclockers my home page but they spend to much time on hypothetical amd bashing. boring...

... was it worthing bumping this one and a half year old post for that completely unrelated comment. This is why we shouldn't promote the search function it leads to UBER BUMPS.

archilochus said:
Arctic Silver will be making OCZ,s TIM now.There is a recall on the OCZ TIM by OCZ. I don't remember all the details, but I think they are replacing it with AS 5 FREE. THE FANMAN:cool:

A MUST
READ
:eek:

We accept full responsibility for these problems and we will be seeking legal action against our supplier.

In order to help solve this problem we have contacted Arctic Silver Inc, and entered into a vendor agreement with them to supply OCZ thermal paste.

Beginning January 22nd 2004 we are issuing a full recall of any and all OCZ Ultra 2.

Any Customers who wish to return OCZ Ultra 2 thermal paste with an invoice will in exchange for their full or partially used tube(s) receive:
1- One (dependant on # of tubes returned) 3-gram OCZ thermal Compound (made by Arctic Silver Inc.) or one OCZ Dominator 2 Heatsink.
2- One OCZ EL DDR T-Shirt
3- One 10 dollar off rebate on any OCZ EL DDR Dual Channel Kit (at participating resellers)

For more Information or instructions on returning your ultra 2 please email [email protected]

good for OCZ, that would redeem them for me :thup: That's some good loot!

madcow235 said:
... was it worthing bumping this one and a half year old post for that completely unrelated comment. This is why we shouldn't promote the search function it leads to UBER BUMPS.

Just because this topic is old does not mean it is completely irrelevant. Some people may not have heard about SSS's report when it was initially released.

i dont have a problem at this time. it was all in good humor. this is the forum to visit when you need help with any overclocking information. i was just commenting on an old post.

Sabor said:
this article show a lab test on OCZ and compusa thermal paste. both claim to have silver in their paste. the lab test proves their misleading us consumers. http://www.xtremesystems.org/module...e=article&sid=410&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

I wrote that article for Overclockers.com's frontpage http://www.overclockers.com/articles938/

I allowed Xtremesystems.org to run the 2nd part of my finding concurrently with the Overclockers.com Frontpage. I am not affiliated with Xtremesystems.org nor will I allow them to run any future articles I may write.

PS, OCZ's new Silver thermal paste has the silver content it claims these days, and that's good news for people wanting to buy a silver TIM.

(I'm closing this thread as this is a one year thread and the OCZ issues were rectified)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back