• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

centering picture on CRT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dethshaft

I am kinda a new when it comes to CRT's but I hope someone can help me. I have a NEC Multisync 22 inch monitor and I like it alot but I have one problem. Even when I center the monitor using Naviset on my desktop, some games still are not centered, especially Call Of Duty. i was wondering if there is a way to correct this or if it is because of the resolutions I use in the games? I usually use 1600x1200 for most of my games (accept Halo haha). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dethshaft said:
I usually use 1600x1200 for most of my games
Even with a 22in screen that might be a bit to big for most games what do you have your refresh rate set at?

I usually have it set at 85, and then I put most games on max resolution. I will try some other settings and see if perhaps that helps the matter.

CRT's have set display modes, meaning when you switch to a certain resolution and refresh rate it saves the postition that you set, however for example if you go from the desktop which is set at 1024X768@85Hz to a game which is 1600X1200@75Hz the picture will shift because the monitor is in a new mode. The only real way around it is to get all of the settings right in all of the modes you frequently use.
Hope this helps,
xb-70

Back