• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New IC7 BIOS v2.1 w/Prescott support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

batboy

Senior Moment
Cool. The newest BIOS version 2.1 for the IC7/IC7-G lists Prescott support, but no BIOS yet available for the two Abit mobos that officially support Prescott (AI7 and IC7 Max 3).

IC7/IC7-G
BIOS ID: 2.1
Released Date: 01/28/2004
Update CPU micro code for Prescott.
Change default RTC year to 2004.
Update Intel OSB logo.
Fixed the issue that system with BIOS 2.0 will hang at post code "AF" with certain memory modules is installed.
BIOS compile date: 01/28/2004.

http://fae.abit.com.tw/eng/download/bios/ic7.php

Ok, looks like Abit has a new beta BIOS out now as of Jan. 30, 2004 for both the IC7 Max 3 and AI7. Means the official version will follow soon. Perhaps this will provide Prescott support?

I read somewhere that fugger wrote that the best Abit could do was to to remove IC7 MAX3 from it's "prescott support-list".
Just saw it swiftly, not sure what he ment.....

I'm running the IC7 2.1 BIOS update on my watercooled rig (see signature). Seems to be fine. Haven't noticed any problems yet. I also did a fresh OS install at the same time and now I've gotten the highest 3Dmark2001 and PCmark2002 scores ever with that setup. I'm assuming it's more the reformat and OS tweaks than the BIOS, but the point is that the BIOS is not hurting my benchmarks. Overclock is the same... no better, but no worse.

2.1 seems good to me so far (last couple of days ) ; but stay away from 2.0 . With bios 2.0 , I could not get my RAID0 setup to work at all (second drive was never recognized) .

Again , bios 2.1 seems fine with no problems thus far . :D
Iam not sure if it will do me any good for Prescott though , as Abit says version 1.0 IC7's will not work with Prescott anyway's (need ver 1.1/1.2) . :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Dang, that's news to me about the version 1.0 IC7 not supporting Prescotts. Heck, I didn't even know there were more than one version. I'll have to check to see what I have. I know one of the two I own has to be a version 1.0 because I bought it right when it was released. I'm going to try running a Prescott on it anyway to see what happens.

batboy said:
Dang, that's news to me about the version 1.0 IC7 not supporting Prescotts. Heck, I didn't even know there were more than one version. I'll have to check to see what I have. I know one of the two I own has to be a version 1.0 because I bought it right when it was released. I'm going to try running a Prescott on it anyway to see what happens.

Hey there batboy ,

Yeh , found about the IC7 version thing and Prescott chips at the Abit forums at THIS thread (forth post down) .
Not 100% positive about this as of yet , but it looks to be fairly accurate at the moment .
I'll try and post a more "definitive" answer if I find it . ;)

I thought I heard that part of the rev 1.1 thing was changing the northbridge heatsink/fan. I got mine in November so I bet it's not 1.0 but I'll check when I open it up next time.

Back