• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Identifying the right bios chip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Milkman

I recently flashed my Nf7-s 2.0 with the wrong bios( I know duh!!) anyway it's up again with a new bios chip flashed with d10 and I wanna recover the corrupted chip with a hotflash trouble is I got the old chip mixed up with My Kd7 bios chip and wanna be sure I flash the right one, can anyone point me at a bios id chart or a way that I can tell which is which, they both look the same.

thanks
Milkman

do they look exactly the same? if not i'd just compare them to the chip you currently have on your board...

you cant just check the numbers on your working chip in your nf7-s? i would think its numbers owuld be identicle to the bios chip of the other one.

also, is your kd7 mobo or bios dead? if not just poping hte chips into them would quickly reveal which is the right chip for the kd7, and the other would obviously be the one you want....but ask someone else if thats a good diea or not, as far as i know you could blow something up doing that! (therefore i dotn reccomend it till someone with more experiance tells you its okay!)

Back