• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

if i upgrade now ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaRky4YoU

Will i have to upgrade in like a year again right, with all the new stuff comming adns hit

this is if i upgrade to a 2500+

if i upgrade to a p4c with 875i chipset i dont have to upgrade soon or do i still have to upgrade soon then becos the new pci tihng comming?

amd 64-bit computing will take you far.

If you're going intel, you ought to wait.

However, from what I hear, you're best-off waiting, but only if you're really bitchy when it comes to 2 fps differences in gaming (like me).

Seriously, you'll be happy with today's chipsets. Unless, what I just mentioned.

hey not to jump your case but i think this is a ? you could of asked in your last tread about the 2500 being outdated i would just watch out how much you post in the future

and for the chip get the 2500 the chip rocks you will love it

i dont see what all the bid deal about AMD-64 is (unless your a Linux guy).
If you buy one now, its going to be too slow to run any program that can use AMD-64 by the time AMD-64 programs (or a Windows) OS comes around. And i bet the Windows OS will be crap untill the 1st service pack.

As for any system you buy now, 6 mo down the road its going to be passe'. BTX is coming. PCI-Express is replacing AGP, DDR is on its way out (later for AMD), not to mention EVERY CURRENT SOCKET is about to go EXTINCT. And to top it all off, BTX motherboards will not fit in an ATX case (ok some modders will prove me wrong)

The 64bit capability that AMD is tooting about may change when Intel demonstrates their 64bit capability in Xeons and P4s at the upcoming IDF.

When does it come to retail? Who knows. But its very likely to come as it looks like AMD's marketing got the message through about 64bit on desktops to the world.

This is not exactly the optimum time for a new purchase...Just get something that will last you a bit until the next major upgrade.

Back