• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SNDS with M0's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

Has anyone have an M0 chip die on them?

If so, which voltages were you using?

I have 3 M0's at home, all running high voltages. Just wondering.

hah! you wait 3 hours, get no replies, so it must be OK.

well, i wish ya luck, but as i said in some other thread p4's + super high voltage = dead chips. the reason you probably won't hear anyone saying they got a dead M0 is because everyone already knows about SNDS, and most have the good sense to stay away from 1.7+v.

in the other thread, you said you were already giving it 1.8, and it reads 1.65-1.68 under load. do you run full load 24/7? if you were to raise it to say 1.85 in the bios-1.75 load, you could get 2 days out of the chip, you could get 2 years. noone really knows much about SNDS cept it only happens at 1.7+v.

again, good luck.

Actually, that was 1 day and 3 hours. I just didn't hear of anyone killing a M0 stepping CPU yet.

BTW I don't ever recall saying that 1.8 in my bios gives me 1.65-1.68 under load.

I run 1.75 in bios, and 1.65-1.68 under load 24/7 under prommy.

1.8 in BIOS gives me roughly 1.7+ under load.

ya sorry, i reread, and ya i misquoted you. :(

where did you get your prommie anyhow? here in winnipeg? you don't happen to know where i can find a good water pump locally do you?

Oh damn, I didn't even realize that you're from Winnipeg.

MLH sells the 317 GPh Eheims, it's just not listed on thier site.

I got my prommy from kit-troinics.

ohhhh, i was just about to call them today too. but i thought "nah, websites are easier". :mad: got a rough estimate what they want for them?

hUMANbEATbOX said:
ohhhh, i was just about to call them today too. but i thought "nah, websites are easier". :mad: got a rough estimate what they want for them?

Jason told me about $100. I got a used one for about $40 or something from a member on these forums.

Tell them the guy with the prommy sent you :)

Tedinde said:
Though you said high volts. high to me is like 1.8-1.9

Yeah, I guess it's all relative.

Only one of my P4's is @ 1.75 in the BIOS and the other ones are all Air cooled, (SP-94 and SLK-900 U's) running at 1.7Vcore in the BIOS.

Maybe I'll intentionally destroy these CPU's from overvolting them when the Prescotts become worth the upgrade. :)

I've got a 1.6a watercooled in the basement @ 2.8ghz, and 1.86Volts showing in MBM. it's been running F@H 24/7 and only off if the electric goes off in the house, which is only twice during a couple storms since feb 2002 when i got the chip.

Still waiting for SNDS to show. I've been running it testing that theory.

Man we got 3 winnipegers on this board lol...

If you go watercooling get a prommie already...my cpu runs idle at 25C and load at 35C that's a 2.8C O/Ced to 2.23 ghz using a SLK800U Artic Silver 3 and some generic thermal controlled fan. I don't know how much better watercooling can do...but for the price, I'd rather shell out some more and get a prommie and get some sub zero temps :)

quite a large diff in price between the prommie and a good W/C setup.

shift, ur temps are super low, why not try for some more mhz?

Shift_ said:
Man we got 3 winnipegers on this board lol...

There are 4 that I know of. There's this other guy named "Stryfe" I think. He's from wpg too.

As for a water setup, it's nice to have a spare one lying around so that you can run some pelt setups on your video card for benching purposes. I'm only a few minor parts short of a complete good water/pelt setup.

Eventually it will go into a computer in my room since it will be quiet.

well, i'm off to mhl to get a pump if they've got one. know of any good auto wreckers around or used parts shops where i could find a heatercore? i don't feel like spending $100 on one.

AudiMan said:
Actually, that was 1 day and 3 hours. I just didn't hear of anyone killing a M0 stepping CPU yet.

BTW I don't ever recall saying that 1.8 in my bios gives me 1.65-1.68 under load.

I run 1.75 in bios, and 1.65-1.68 under load 24/7 under prommy.

1.8 in BIOS gives me roughly 1.7+ under load.
The prommi won't make any difference in regard to SNDS. It is not the temps that fry the circuits inside the chip. The other steppings that fried were almost all above 1.70+, so I doubt that you will have a problem since you are under that max vcore. Since these chips are set for 1.425v, they all seem to be about 1.0v below what the BIOS is set.

My 2.8 MO is set in the BIOS to 1.5625v and reads 1.472-1.488v under full load with 262fsb @ 3673Mhz. Gotta love theses EE rejects.

My 2.4C seemed to degrade after ~3 months from 275FSB to 267... Prime95 rounding error.

Tried everything, it seems to be the CPU. I was using it 1.55V, Zalman 7000AlCu.

It's a D1 though (SL6WF).

Back