• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentium 3 Slot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KAO

Have been looking around for some info....

Is it true that you can't overclock a P3-800 slot processor?

No info on it and I don't wanna go poking around unless I have some sort of guideline on what to connect or disconnect.

If anybody has done this or knows how to change multipliers, please tell me, thanks.

I overclocked a p3-850 to around 911mhz on my asus board that I got with the cpu. I think most of the overclock will have to be done via jumpers on the mobo if it allows for it.

no its not true you cant overclock a Slot 1 P3 800.
You can overclock ANYTHING that has a clock.
What is true, is that you can not change the Multiplier on that CPU. Leaving you with FSB overclocking only

As jonspd said, odds are you are going to have to use jumpers to change your Vcore / FSB, but thier is a chance you can do this in the BIOS if you have a higher quality motherboard.

Do you know what make (brand) and model your motherboard is?
Also do you know what you SSPEC or stepping of your P3 is?

KAO said:
Have been looking around for some info....

Is it true that you can't overclock a P3-800 slot processor?

No info on it and I don't wanna go poking around unless I have some sort of guideline on what to connect or disconnect.

If anybody has done this or knows how to change multipliers, please tell me, thanks.
CAN overclock.
CAN'T change multi.
As for how to overclock, we need to know more about your system. What motherboard do you have? Check your manual and see if the board supports FSB adjustments in the BIOS. If not, see if anysoftware overclocking programs support your board.

Skiing Squirrel said:
You can't overclock it if that certain chip is in a dell, gateway, compaq, ect. If its in something else-then youre good to go.

anything with a clock can be overclocked.
its just a matter of the effort involved, and the fact that most DELL type owners wouldnt put any effort into modding thier motherboard for overclocking

I would and I have a dell care to help me out 4500 demesions BTW 2.0a I believe is the cpu in there folding 24\7 I would love nothing more then to see 2.0 go to 2.05 you know how us overclockers are hehe.

First you might want to try software, see if you can use cpufsb or clockgen to raise your FSB from within windows. If that doesn't work, or you are not satisfied, you may want to do a "turbo-pll" mod. This involves either cutting the PLL-IC and crystal out of an older motherboard, or building your own circuit to generate the frequencies you need. Hook it up to power and use it to supply the 24MHz, 48MHz and ref (14.318MHz) signals. These signals cannot change. Once they have been replaced with off-board ones, you need to replace the crystal (normally 14.318MHz) on your board with a faster one. This should raise all of the frequencies put out by the PLL-IC on your board.I advise massive amounts of research on the subject before begining.

Hummmmmmmm I wounder if my god old 8rda nforce board mixed with a dell mobo would make a good performer. The 8rda is about shot anyway. But I dont think you would be able to change stuff from intel to amd could you LOL. I will do some more searching on the subject. Chances are I'am not going to be putting to much time into tring to kill to much stuff are here hehe.

I did try cpu fsb and softfsb one of there worked but not to well I guess you could say. I think I got the 100mhz fsb up to 103 and that was the max it woud allow or something I dont remember exactly.

Back